Tuesday, April 8, 2008

One week late

Sometimes, I work hard for the funny. Other times, people e-mail me press releases with headlines like:


Toby Keith Joins Wayman Tisdale on Barry White Remake


To reinforce this sign of the apocalypse, some visual aids:


Toby Keith


is collaborating with Wayman Tisdale:

on a cover of a song by Barry White:

OK, so they can all be referred to in some sense as "musicians," so they have that in common, but I guess what I'm getting at is that only one of the three has been on television saying "This truck is the big dog daddy." And it wasn't Barry White. Or Wayman Tisdale.

It was Toby Keith, is what I'm saying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you listened to the song?

Anonymous said...

Nope, the Tisdale album is due out June 3. There is this from the release, though:

"New York Daily News suggests that the song may be a reflection of the county’s open-minded political climate. Coupling Keith, a traditional country star famous for his 'red-state patriotic songs' and Tisdale, a soulful jazz musician, demonstrates that 'America might be ready for President Obama.'"

I prefer to interpret it as a sign of the end times. Which is why I'm not in PR.

Anonymous said...

If this isn't a sign of the end times, what is?