Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Her heart will go on

Hillary Clinton's supporters have voted for her campaign song, and it's "You and I" by Celine Dion. It evidently contains the lyrics "You and I, we're meant to fly. Higher than the clouds we'll sail across the sky."

Which reminds me of another great poet, Lenny Kravitz, who wrote "I wish that I could fly, into the sky, so very high, just like a dragonfly."

The other choices included Smashmouth's version of "I'm a Believer" and not one, but TWO songs by U2. She should have just picked "Who Let the Dogs Out?" or "Macarena" or "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" or "Rico Suave" or "Friends In Low Places" or "Tears In Heaven" or "The Sign" or "Walk the Dinosaur" or "I'm Too Sexy" or "Semi-Charmed Life" or "More Than Words" or "Can't Fight This Feeling" or "Breathe" or "You Got It (The Right Stuff)" or "Electric Youth" or "Three Little Pigs" or "I Hate Everything About You" or "Keep Your Hands To Yourself" or "Sweet Child o' Mine" or "Wannabe" or "Ready to Go" or "Red Red Wine" or "No Rain" or "Two Princes" or "Jenny (867-5309)" or "Lady In Red" or "Weird Science" or "Lump" or "Barbie Girl" or "Livin' On a Prayer."

Actually, "Livin' On a Prayer" would be pretty bad-ass.

No comments: