Monday, May 21, 2007

Bevolutionary neologisms

I'm really, really excited, and I don't know why - which is to say, the press release doesn't tell me. It just figures that a nonstop string of made-up words will get me pumped.

-----
SAN DIRGO, CALIFORNIA (sic) - Youngevity has just announced a strategic alliance with Texas-based DrinkAct.com, home of one of the fastest selling "healthier" energy drinks in the world, A.C.T.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Steve Wallach, General Manager of Youngevity, said he is very excited about coupling Youngevity's strengths in marketing, service and global distribution, with the explosive growth of the world's first 'FEEL GOOD' energy drink, A.C.T. "It is a great opportunity to be a part of the BEVOLUTION, which is A.C.T.!"
-----

Incidentally, I just found this alternate definition for the word "neologism" from Webster:
"a usually compound word coined by a psychotic and meaningless to the hearer."

No comments: